The parents love our CFCE summer camps because of the intensity and the progress their children make. Summer camps run anywhere from two weeks to eight weeks in June, July and August in two locations, Loveland and Denver. They are usually held five days a week from 9 am to 3 pm. Each year CFCE hires temporary Conductors who are graduates of the Peto Institute or the National Institute for Conductive Education in the UK to lead our camps. They come from various countries throughout the world and all speak very good English. Each Conductor brings their own unique teaching techniques and a fresh perspective to our program, all while teaching the basic Conductive Education principles. All ages and abilities are welcome at our summer camps.
We have just released our 2019 Summer Camp registration information. Please download the attached pdf registration form for information about our camps, location, price and dates.
Please download the form, fill it in, and send it to the following address:
PO Box 746297
Arvada, CO 80006
Alternatively you can scan the filled in form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you to let you know if you have secured a spot and whether an assessment will be required before camp.
Transition Camp for Teens
The Colorado Foundation for Conductive Education is excited to be offering a Transitions Camp for teens and young adults. This camp is 3 days a week for 2 weeks and focuses on using community resources and increasing day-to-day independence skills. Each 3 hour session will focus on a different area.
Sessions include activities such as:
- A trip to a local gym to practice transferring onto and using gym equipment.
- A trip to the library via Access-A-Ride (booked by the group of students).
- An afternoon meal planning, going to the grocery store to find and buy food, and returning to the center to prepare a meal.
- A trip to the mall or Goodwill to find and try on clothing and work on money management.
- Adaptive Yoga
- A trip to the cinema to see a film. Students will work together to look up available films, times, prices, etc and decide as a group what they would like to see. Staff will facilitate them independently purchasing tickets and navigating the theater.
- Discussions on budgeting, time management, and personal goals.
Sessions are adapted to fit the needs of each child/teen, aiming to increase their overall confidence and level of independence in community settings.
If you are interested in your child attending our Conductive Education Transition Camp please email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to join our mailing list to receive up to date information about our camps, please send us your contact details in the form below: